Holy Family Catholic School is a KidsMatter school.
KidsMatter is a national mental health initiative.
KidsMatter Primary has 3 major aims:
· To improve the mental health and well-being of students.
· To reduce mental health problems among students.
· To achieve greater support for those students experiencing mental health problems.
As a Catholic school, KidsMatter Primary supports the following values that underpin our thinking
· Family, faith and friendship are at the core of our school’s Vision statement.
· The values of compassion, trust, respect and courage underpin our school’s Mission statement.
· We believe that a positive, happy, stable school environment leads to better academic outcomes for students.
In 2016 our KidsMatter focus will be on “Helping Children with Mental Health difficulties.” The professional learning we undertake this year will enable us to understand mental health difficulties, recognize the signs of mental health difficulties and identify strategies for supporting students with mental health difficulties in our school.
For more information about KidsMatter Primary click here.
For more information on how to be involved contact Racheal Joyce or Andree Totham at the school.