School Fee Policy
The school year is divided into four terms. School fees are due at the commencement of each term and can be sent along with your child or paid at the school office.
The Commonwealth and Territory Governments provide approximately 78% of funding for Catholic Schools. This funding needs to be supplemented by School Fees, Book Levies, Air-conditioning Levies and fundraising by the P&F Committee.
Outstanding fees place unnecessary pressure on the school to provide facilities and resources for the benefit of the children. It is also unfair to those parents who consistently pay school fee accounts when they are due. There is always an opportunity for parents who are experiencing financial difficulty to contact the school to make arrangements to pay fees in instalments. The cost of educating a child in a Catholic Primary school is around $35.00 per week. When parents enrol their child at the School, there is an expectation that they will make a genuine attempt to pay this fee.
The School Fee Collection Policy:
1. Term statements are sent out by Week 4 in Term 1 and by Week 1 in Terms 2, 3 and 4. Fees are due and payable upon receipt of statement.
2. Any arrears for previous terms are due immediately. Arrangements can be made to clear this.
3. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, eftpos, and credit card, Centrepay through Centrelink, direct debits through Banks or Credit Unions. Credit card payments can be taken over the telephone.
4. A reminder statement of amounts owing will be issued at the end of each month.
5. It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to make a payment arrangement, if required.
6. Any payment arrangement will only be accepted if it amounts to the payment in full of the year’s fees by the end of Term 4.
7. New payment arrangements will be acceptable as long as the outstanding amount is paid in full by the end of Term 4.
8. Failure to adhere to a payment arrangement will result in all outstanding fees becoming payable immediately.
9. Parents/carers whose fees remain outstanding as at Week 7 will be requested to attend an interview with the Principal to discuss payment.
In accordance with the Diocesan Fee Collection Policy (refer NT Catholic Schools Manual pg 78) fees, which remain outstanding at the end of the year, may be referred to a collection agency.