Rainbows Early Learning Centre - Programming
Our centre uses the Early Years Learning Framework for programming. Educators develop early learning programs that are responsive to children’s ideas, interest, strengths and abilities in the context of their families and communities.
The Framework outlines a vision and an education program that promotes well-being and learning in a culturally responsive, safe and supported setting. It describes the early childhood years as a time of belonging, being and becoming.
Early learning programs must have value and support play as the vehicle for developing children’s thinking, communication and social skills. They must be implemented in partnership with families.
The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) focuses on the following outcomes:
1. Children have a strong sense of identity
2. Children are connected with and contribute to their world
3. Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
4. Children are confident and involved learners
5. Children are effective communicators